Zerodha PI Trading Platform Review
Posted on 7th Jan 2015
by TopShareBrokers.com team
Need help choosing a broker?
What is Zerodha PI?
"PI" is Zerodha's new trading platform with unique and innovative features like advance charting, backtesting and many more other features for trading in Indian Stock Market.
In detail Zerodha Review
Switch to Discount brokers and Save up to 70% on your brokerage fees.....
What is Zerodha PI Bridge and how much it cost per month?
Zerodha and Tradelab had build PI Bridge to give seamless and reliable connectivity from the charting or programming tool(AFL or AmiBroker or Ninjascript (Ninja Trader) or MQL (Metatrader)) to the trading engine on Pi. First time in ever in any trading platform, Zerodha PI Bridge is providing capability to fire orders via charting or programming tool and get order updates back via bridge.
PI Bridge access is on-demand and free for 7-days trial, after that it cost Rs 300 Per month.
What is back-testing and how it works?
The process of testing a certain trading strategy on historical price data is called "back-testing". The results of back-testing show the profit or loss which could have been made over time if the system had been used.
With the help of this new PI software, the trader can test multiple trading systems on multiple markets, stocks and commodities in a very short time. With an indicator builder, it is also possible to create own technical indicators and trading strategies and to test them directly with the software.
Back-testing only calculates the summarized profits or losses of all trades in a certain time frame. Broker commissions, slippage, and taxes are not considered in back-testing.
The back-testing process requires three types of input data which can vary. These are the trading system which delivers buy and sell signals, a specific market product which gets traded, and a time frame for the back-testing calculation.
What are the Key features & advantages of Zerodha PI Trading Platform?
- It’s going to be the fastest platform in terms of speed of quotes updates, as well as reduce the bandwidth utilization.
- Trading on all the exchanges.
- Quick Connect
- Quick view of the chart will give a glance of performance.
- Best 5 bids and best 5 offers.
- Day wise positions.
- Can place order by directly clicking on bids.
Customization of user settings:
- Total profit & loss /Mark to Mark P&L
- Strong Charting tool
- Charts by contract
- Choose time interval - 1 Min,5 Mins so on
- 10 different charts types
- 18 different indicators
- Directly place an order from chart
- Multiple themes availability [4 different themes available]
- Arrange multiple windows
- Unlock window for multiple monitors.
- Sound alert
- Quick order window on chart
- Reconcile button to refresh the chart
- Shortcut keys
Alert and artificial intelligence software
- Cancel all the pending order/orders by single click on the chart
- Stockholding position
- Market Index box - can be pop up on your monitor
Live tracking of Bracket orders.
For semi-automated trading - Bridge with AmiBroker and Metatrade.
- Expert advisor - Strategies
- Support Trade scripts
And many more features.....
After seeing the demo of the tool I was really impressed with the charting feature and the way it provides the technical analysis for traders. The Back-testing is a great feature for research and technical analysis.With fast speed and low bandwidth use, we hope this tool is going to give new height to Zerodha's growth.
If you are not a Zerodha client yet, hurry and sign up
to use one of the revolutionary trading platform!
SAVE 70% ON YOUR BROKERAGE