Zerodha Kite,Zerdha PI-Best Online Trading Platform|Review 2019
Rated 4.5/5 by Top Share Brokers Team
When Zerodha started its discount broking business, Zerodha was using NEST and NSE Now as its trading tool. With the growing demand on the latest technology tools, Zerodha invested huge amount on its trading platform and came up with its on trading tools. Kite by Zerodha is the in-house product. The Kite from Zerodha is a web based and mobile app trading application. Kite app is available in Kite Android and Kite iOS version. Zerodha Kite is best online trading platform in India in terms of its usability (easy to use), connectivity and platform features which include cover order, bracket orders and many more features.Zerodha offer free trading software, which means no cost for using zerodha trading platform.
Kite from Zerodha was developed by keeping in mind for Long term investors and short term investor. For Long Term investor this product is easy to understand, need single sign on for investment, portfolio, watchlist, fund management and so on. For Short term investor Kite is just like web based desktop terminal, advance charts, notification, chrome extension, detail portfolio, market depth report, Universal search, Payment gateway and many more features.
Kite Zerodha customer care is available both online and offline mode, Online Zerodha Kite Demo and User Manual is available on Zerodha size - Zerodha Kite Demo
Kite - Zerodha Mobile Trade App
Zerodha offer its built-in house web and mobile trading application called “KITE”. Kite mobile app is a low band-width, highly responsive, faster and powerful mobile app. The app is available to download for Android and IOS users. The app is loaded with easy to use features like visibility on funds, detail watch-list, advance charts with 100 + indicators, various order types, live streaming- data and much more. Rated 4.1, installed by more than 5 lakh users and 5 million transactions done every day and it is available in 11 different languages.
Key features of Zerodha’s Kite Mobile App :
- Trade in equity, derivatives, currency derivatives and commodity with single login using product type:
- Cash and Carry CNC : For Delivery based equity trade
- MIS (Margin intraday square-off): Intraday trade in equity and F&O
- NRML (Normal F&O trades): Overnight/Intraday F&O trades
- Bracket orders - Intraday limit orders (NSE, NSE F&O) with a target and stop-loss and an optional trailing SL all placed simultaneously.
- Cover orders - Intraday market orders (NSE, NSE F&O, Currency, and MCX) with a predetermined stop-loss order.
- AMO (After market orders) - orders for the next trading day the previous day itself.
- Real time streaming quotes.
- Quick order placement.
- View your portfolio - Details of position and holding orders, charts, add, exit and conversion option from portfolio screen.
- Advance Charting - Interactive, multiple charts available with lots of option for better decision making.
- Order Book - Details of pending and executed orders, buy and sell option from charts.
- Notifications and alerts - Order updates, executed, cancelled or rejected alerts
- Different types of indicators can be added by users for technical analysis.
- Easy Fund Transfer and Management:
- Separate Fund buckets for Equity and Commodity
- View current balance, used margin, exposure margin and more
- Add funds by clicking on "Add" button
- Customized market-watch :
- can add upto 20 scripts in watch list and create max 5 market-watch
- Add script from search results on single click
- Delete Script by swiping left on the market-watch.
- Rearrange scripts.
- Switch between the market-watch.
- Detail market depth (Top 5 OFFERS and BIDS), chart, buy and sell button in market-watch.
- Multiple order type:
- Market (MKT) order - Buy or Sell order at market price
- Limit (LMT) order - Buy or Sell order at predetermined order price
- Stop-loss (SL and SL-M) order - place order with predetermined loss booking order at a trigger price.
- SL - if limit order to be sent when trigger is hit
- SL-M - if market order to be sent when trigger is hit
Zerodha Kite Web Base Application
Zerodha Kite is a light weight and powerful web and mobile app by Zerodha. Main advantage of Kite is it does consume very low bandwidth with all the feature which you see on desktop base trading platforms.
Zerodha Kite Dashboard : This section is divided in 3 parts. Shortcut key for dashboard is “A”.
- Watchlist: You can add new script to track in watchlist as well as if you have script in your portfolio, in watchlist you can see your holdings. You can add 20 script in one market watch and add 5 different market watchlist. So total you can add 100 scripts in your market watch.
You have option to select between % change or absolute value of change from previous close.
- Account snapshot - Fund Section: This gives your cash available on your account for equity and commodity, total account value, margin value utilized, position information – holdings, pending orders. You can click on any number to get more details about above data elements. For example if you want to see your holdings, by clicking on your holdings numbers on dashboard, you can see complete list of your holding scripts as portfolio.
- Holding section: Visual effect of your holdings, this can be view in three different modes – Current Values, Investment Values or P&L basis. Position visualization will tell your current P&L by script and by clicking on green or red line you can directly on the screen where you can take next action on script like square off or add or any other action..
Zerodha Kite Universal Search:
To add script in watch list Zerodha has provided advance search option, you can search via the name of script directly or you can add prefix Index, NSE,BSE,MCX followed by script name. Example “index Nifty”, “BSE TCS”, “NSE Wipro”, “MCX Gold” and you have option from popup box to select the required script.
You have option to add script in your market watch list or directly to take you on order script for buy or sell.
Shortcut of scroll between market watch is Ctrl+Shift 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
Zerodha Kite Fund Manager:
Shortcut Key “F”
You can add or withdraw fund from Zerodha Kite.
- Via Online payment gateway –
- You can add up to 4 banks to transfer funds online.
- Select segment where you need money – Equity or Commodity.
- Cost is Rs 9 Per Payment Transfer via Payment gateway.
- This process will redirect to Bank Gateway.
- After confirmation, You can see amount update on your fund dashboard.
- Add Zerodha as Payee in your bank fund transfer process:
- Information of Zerodha bank details available on zerodha.com/fund-transfer
- IMPS get credited instantly and NEFT get credited in 2 to 10 Hrs.
- If doing fund transfer from bank vis IMPS or NEFT, please take the print screen of confirmation page and upload on Q under fund transfer section, so funds get credited faster.
On Kite click withdrawal request, this will take you on “Q” [Zerodha Back office Software]. You can see what your clear balance for withdrawal is. Add the amount which you wish to withdraw, once request submitted, this will take up to 24 Hrs to get money back in your primary bank account.
All equity fund withdrawal requests are processed once every trading day at around 7.30 pm. Any request placed after is processed only the next trading day. So any withdrawal request placed on Friday after 7.30 pm will be processed only Monday which is the next trading day.
Short Cut Key “B”(Buy)/”S”(Sell)
Fastest and user friendly Order window.
For Equity Cash and F&O – Three different Product Types are available:
- CNC: Cash n Carry , you need 100% fund.
- MIS: Margin intraday square off, for intraday traders in Equity and F&O. All MIS positions auto-squared off 10 to 15 minutes before close of markets or when losses exceed 50% of margin (Auto-square off rule can vary based on market conditions).
- NRML -Normal F&O trades, for intraday/overnight F&O trades without additional leverage. Exchange stipulated margins, positions taken as NRML can be held until expiry, provided required margins maintained.
Detail Article on Zerodha Kite Review >> Read
- MKT : Market order - Place an order to be bought or sold at the best available market price.
- LMT : Limit order - Place buy or sell order at a predetermined price.
- SL : Stop Loss on Trigger price - SL if limit order to be sent when trigger is hit.
- SL-M : Stop Loss on Market Price - SL-M if a market order to be sent when trigger is hit. SL-M is always guaranteed execution.
You can cancel or modify your pending orders in order book window.
On Notification Popup - Order confirmation / rejection can be tracked.
Advance order type:
- BO - Bracket Orders: Order with Buy Price, Sell Price and Stop Loss all bundle in one order.BO are available for NSE, NSE F&O. Bracket orders (BO) valid only for intraday, all open BO positions automatically squared off normally 10 minutes before market close.
- CO - Cover Orders: Orders with a predetermined stop loss order. CO’s are available for NSE, NSE F&O, Currency, and Similar to bracket orders, higher leverage due to fixed stop loss and all positions auto-squared off before market close.
- AMO – After market Orders: Place orders in advance before market opens, Timing for placing AMO are 4.00 pm to 9.14 am.
Holdings and Portfolio:
- Holding report shows stocks available in Demat account with qty, average buy cost, LTP, current value, P&L, Net changes in %, day’s changes.
- Zerodha Kite has advance charts with over 100 indicators, 6 different chart types, 19 drawing tools and pop out as many charts at a time. Set chart templates, intraday data from 2014 and daily charts for over 7 years for stocks, commodities, F&O, and currencies.
- You can open multiple charts on your screen.
- By default you see 1 minute chart on screen which can be modify as require.
- Advance option to compare scripts with charts.
Zerodha Coin - Mutual Funds Direct Investment
Zerodha started fixed monthly fee in mutual funds investment, i.e above 25,000 investments you just need to pay Rs 50 per month fee to do investment in Direct Mutual Funds. Max borkers provide free investment with mutual funds but take commission from Mutual funds house, where Zerodha is charging upfront fee of Rs 50 PM and allowing direct mutual funds investment. In Direct Mutual fund investment Zerodha is not taking any commission from Mutual funds AMC. So if you are long term investor and have good amount of investment, in such case direct mutual fund investment with fix monthly charge of Rs 50 is much beneficiary.
Detail Article on Zerodha Coin Mutual Funds Investmentent >> Read
Coin Mobile App
Now Coin Mobile app is availabl in Android version for all your Mutual Fund investment on the go.
Downlaod Android version of Coin Mobile App
Zerodha "Q" - Web base Back office software
“Q” is Zerodha’s one stop back office which has features like:
- Financial Dashboard – Summary of your account represented in graphical way.
- Fund Transfer and tracking – Online fund withdrawal request page. IMPS transfer proof upload page to get fast money in your account for trading.
- Holdings Report: T1 & T2 holding report with Quantity, Buy Avg price, Buy Value, Previous closing price, Present value and Profit and Pledge details.
- Reports in Excel: Historical Open position and download all reports in excel format.
- Refer Friend and check earning.
- Zerodha Wallet to check your earning and withdrawal request and report.
- Trade book – with heat map to see your trend.
- P&L Statements:
- Absolute P&L report with your buy and sell actual.
- Indicative P&L: This report tells you P&L in given time frame, for executed orders.
- Tax Report: P&L report with capital gain calculation, downloadable version to be used by your CA to fill tax return on your trading earning.
Last Updated on 2019-07-25
Other Topic Related to Zerodha
Tags:zerodha back office
, zerodha review
, zerodha problems
, zerodha account opening charges
, zerodha margin
, zerodha varsity
, zerodha customer care
, zerodha faq
, zerodha pi
, zerodha likes
, zerodha dislikes
, zerodha overview
, zerodha Key highlights
, zerodha rating
, zerodha demat amc
, zerodha trading charges
, zerodha plans
, zerodha equity intraday trading charges
, zerodha equity delivery trading charges
, zerodha equity future trading charges
, Zerodha Margin Calculator
, zerodha equity currency future trading charges
, zerodha equity currency option trading charges
, zerodha equity commodities trading charges
, zerodha transaction charges
, zerodha STT/CTT charges
, zerodha service tax
, zerodha SEBI Turnover Charges
, zerodha Mutual Funds investment
, zerodha kite
, Best brokers for trading in India
, Best brokers for NRI trading in India
, Best brokers by trading platform in India
, Best brokers by Customer Service
, Best Brokers by lowest brokerage and transaction charges
Enquire Zerodha Trading Account: