Zerodha Trading Platforms Review and Download 2021
Rated 4.5/5 by Top Share Brokers Team
Zerodha Broking Ltd, the largest discount broker in India has established a strong market presence in the brokerage space. The broker is a registered member of BSE, NSE, and MCX. The broking house allows trading & investment across equity, futures & options, commodity, currency, mutual funds, bonds, government securities, and IPOs as well. Zerodha Broking has a 1.5+ million client base that is contributing to above 15% of total retail order volume in India every day.
Zerodha Trading Platforms
In the Indian stockbroking space, Zerodha, the largest discount broker has proved itself in terms of breakthrough innovations by providing the best trading platforms to users. Its modern and reliable investment apps are designed particularly in line with investors’ requirements.
The trading platforms and tools offered by Zerodha are listed below;
- Zerodha Kite - Web and mobile trading application
- Zerodha Coin - Mutual Fund investment platform
- Zerodha Console - Backoffice
- Zerodha Sensibull - Option strategy platform
- Zerodha Sentinel
- Zerodha Varsity
1. Zerodha Kite
Zerodha Kite(kite.zerodha.com) is the in-house built free web and mobile trading application offered by the broker to trade & invest across equity, commodity, futures & options, mutual fund and others. In December 2017, the broker has introduced Zerodha Kite 3.0, the latest version of kite with significant improvement in terms of performance, UX, design and features. The ultra-fast flagship trading platform is embedded with multiple unique features such as live streaming market data, elegant UI, advanced charting and others.
Kite 3.0 Platform is available on Kite Web, Kite Mobile App and Kite Connect API and accessible on various devices such as tablets, mobile, desktop, and laptop as well.
- Zerodha Kite Web: It is the Zerodha web-based trading platform or trading terminal that runs on browser and offers ample of unique features like powerful charting, live streaming data, attractive UI, multiple order availability and others.
- Zerodha Kite Mobile App: As its name, it is Zerodha mobile trading application that offers you all the features available on Kite Web. Zerodha Kite app download is available on both the android devices and iOS as well.
- Kite Connect API: TheKite ConnectAPIs aresimply HTTP/JSON APIs for developers to build front-end trading platforms in their choice of programming language. To access Kite API, you must have a Kite connect developer account. Zerodha Kite connect API service charges are Rs. 2000 per month.
The key features of Zerodha kite are presented here as under:
- Multilingual app, Kite by Zerodha is the first mobile app launched in 10+ different languages.
- It is a lightweight application that uses extremely low internet bandwidth. It can be evident with the market watch feature that runs just on 0.5kbps of internet bandwidth.
- Zerodha Kite Universal search feature allows you to track 90,000+ stocks and F&O contracts across multiple exchanges i.e. BSE, NSE and MCX.
- Advanced charting with 100 technical indicators, 20 drawing tools and 6 different chart types are available on a powerful charting interface.
- Daily charts for the last 7 years for stocks, commodities, currencies and F&O and availability of intraday data since 2014
- Total 5 market watchlists are available from 1 to 5, with 40 scripts each marketwatch.
- Elegant UI, Intuitive dashboard, keyboard shortcut keys etc. facilitates users to navigate the app seamlessly and provides ease of use in buying, selling, analyzing and portfolio managing activities
- Level 3 data including bid, offers, and quantity with 20 market depth gives you deeper insights towards market liquidity and helps you to develop better intraday trading strategy.
- Zerodha kite web browser notifications provide you important updates relevant to market movement, important news, demat account etc.
- Multiple types of orders on kite such as Cash n Carry (CNC), Margin Intraday Square Off (MIS), Normal F&O trades (NRML), Aftermarket orders (AMO), brackets order (BO), cover order (CO) etc. You can further place orders such as market, limit, Stop Loss and Stop Loss - Market.
- Multiple chart views are available to see up to 4 charts simultaneously together in the same window.
- Zerodha Kite widget provides you an instant fundamental snapshot for stock.
- Trade from chart facilities available to place buy and sell orders.
- Single-leg triggers facility to enter or exit stock holdings at your defined price criteria and also placing simultaneous target orders and stop-loss (One cancels others) for stocks.
- Real-time streaming quotes to provide updates about key events and announcements.
- Instant fund transfer facility via UPI is free.
- Fund transfer through the payment gateway with 25+ prominent banks
- Customize settings to change the chart time frame, otherwise, by default, it is 1 min.
- Personalize Kite offers your options like set your own profile picture, change password options etc.
- Zerodha kite does not provide the facility to invest in IPO.
- You cannot use the kite to invest in mutual funds as there is a separate platform, “Zerodha Coin” for mutual fund investment.
Zerodha Kite Mobile app Demo
Zerodha Kite app demo provides you a quick walkthrough of unique features, utility, and usability of the app.
Click here to view Zerodha Kite Demo
Zerodha Kite Mobile app Download
The mobile app for zerodha is available on both the Android and iOS version. Android users can download the kite mobile app from playstore and iOS users can get it from the App store
Zerodha mobile app on android
Zerodha mobile app on iOS
2. Zerodha Coin
In April 2017, Zerodha has launched “Zerodha Coin”, a free online direct mutual fund platform that provides you the facility to invest in 2000+ direct mutual funds from different asset management companies. Although, initially, investment through Zerodha coin was chargeable @50 per month, if the value of the investment is above Rs. 25,000 but below that, no subscription fee was levied. However, in August 2018, the broker has waived off the charges. In May 2019, Zerodha has also removed Zerodha coin DP charges of Rs. 5.5 on each mutual fund redemptions. Thus, investment in mutual funds with Zerodha coin is now completely free as the broker does not charge any brokerage fees.
To check the complete review of Zerodha Coin, Click here
Features of Zerodha coin
- Coin by Zerodha allows investment in over 3000+ direct mutual fund schemes in 35+ AMCs.
- Investment across different asset classes such as equity, debt, hybrid, FoF, and others.
- Zerodha coin charges are nil means it offers free unlimited investment in mutual funds at zero brokerage or commission.
- You will have equity & mutual fund investment together in your demat account.
- The investment allowed through both the SIP and lumpsum investment route.
- Zerodha coin offers you an e-mandate facility where one can register e-mandate using a debit card or net banking credentials to allow automatic deduction of SIP amount on the due date.
- Investors can start, stop, increase or decrease SIP with Zerodha without submitting the NACH request.
- Reports like the capital gain statement, P&L visualizations etc. for all your investments.
- No DP charges on mutual fund redemptions on Zerodha coin.
- Zerodha does not provide any mutual fund advisory services. Thus, you have to do your own research to select the right mutual fund in line with your investment specifications.
- You must have a demat account with Zerodha to invest in mutual funds.
How can one transfer his/her existing mutual fund investment to Zerodha Coin?
If you are currently a mutual fund investor with another broker and held investments in demat account then you have to ask your current broker to give DIS (Delivery Instruction Slip). In the slip, you have to mention the key requirements such as numbers of units, your Zerodha demat account number and submit to your existing stockbroker. Within 2-3 working days, your investment will be transferred and reflected to Zerodha demat account.
Zerodha coin demo
Zerodha, the discount broker has its own youtube channel where it posts regular news, updates, different kinds of trading strategies and others to guide investors.
You can check Zerodha coin demo here
Zerodha coin app download
Zerodha coin download is available for both android and iOS users. You can download Zerodha app from below mentioned links:
Zerodha Coin mobile app on Android
Zerodha Coin mobile app on iOS
3. Zerodha Console
Zerodha console is the central dashboard reporting of your account with Zerodha that provides in-depth reporting and analytics of trading and investment activities.
The key features offered by Zerodha Console are listed below:
- In-depth breakdowns provide you a clear picture of the breakdown of your stocks from the day of acquisition to its disposal.
- Console breakdown helps you to keep track of corporate actions, transfers, splits and other information.
- You can download Tradebook by selecting the segment and date range.
- The portfolio feature allows you to view your stock position and holding details.
- Tax-ready reports such as capital gains and others for a full financial year.
- Multi-dimensional insights on your portfolio through strong visualization.
- Zerodha dashboard shows overall P&L on your portfolio.
- Zerodha 60 day challenge provides you the opportunity to use your trading skills to stay profitable during 60 day challenge period. Clients can participate in the challenge in different segments such as equity, future and options, commodity trading and currency trading. The challenge winners will get digital certificates.
- Zerodha console app is not yet available.
4. Zerodha Sensibull
Zerodha has tied up with Sensibull to provide options strategy platform to clients. Based on your market view and opinion, the platform presents all the possible options strategies along with the details such as capital requirement, return on investment, profit percentage and others, so that, you can pick out the most appropriate one.
To check the complete review of Zerodha Sensibull Click here
Features of Zerodha Sensibull are as follows:
- Sensibull option chain facilitates you to guess market direction whether up or down such as the Nifty option chain, Bank nifty option chain, option chain for stocks and others.
- Less risky option strategies for beginners.
- Options trading strategy builder and Call option and put option analyzer.
- Options trading tutorials provide you guidance about options basics, live trading examples, trading psychology webinars, and others.
- Strategy wizard offers the best options strategies in line with your opinion.
- F&O event calendar provides a clear snapshot of all upcoming domestic & global events.
- Foreign Institutional Investors (FII) and Domestic Institutional Investors (DII) data.
- Sleek, elegant and simple user interface.
- The virtual trading facility allows users to practice high-risk options trading without real money.
- Option strategy filtration based on risk & reward is not possible.
- To trade-in options, traders must have good knowledge to use different options strategies to optimally use the platform.
- Platform charges make sensibull unsuitable for small-size and occasional traders.
Zerodha sensibull demo
Sensibull options trading platform demo
5. Zerodha Sentinel
Zerodha Sentinel is a machine-independent tool to provide you real-time market alerts on the clouds for stocks, futures & options and others. Sentinel software allows traders to set up price alerts based on their trading strategy that can be triggered anytime even when your PC is not in use. In May 2019, the broker waived broker has waived off Zerodha Sentinel charges and made it completely free for all customers but with limited functionality and features. To get a much better experience, you can use Zerodha Sentinel pro version where you can enjoy better features like placing advanced triggers with the Sentinel trigger language and others.
To read further about Sentinel by Zerodha, Click here
The key features offered by Zerodha Sentinel platform are presented here as under:
- Users can set basic alerts for 90,000+ stocks and F&O across multiple exchanges.
- Advance alert settings to define multiple triggers using combinations of attributes and operators.
- Get alerts on 3 different sources; Sentinel Web Platform, on e-mail and Zerodha Kite app.
- Check the history of all triggered alerts.
- Free 30 trigger enabled alerts on a single data point
- Multiple data points for alert settings i.e. open, high, low, close, volume, open interest, total bids, total asks etc.
- Basket order with multiple scripts, futures & options contracts and ETF
- Users can also set equity SIP alerts.
- Multi-leg F&O alerts with basket orders and GTC/GTD alerts.
- Zerodha Sentinel app is not yet available.
- Sentinel software does not offer technical indicators based data points.
- It does not support the SMS notification facility.
6. Zerodha Varsity
Zerodha Varsity is the free online trading education portal. People who are beginners or have limited understanding of the stock market trading can use Varsity by Zerodha to develop better market knowledge. It provides a collection of in-depth stock market lessons with necessary illustrations in the form of modules to help users to develop better know-how of the market. There are numbers of different modules including but not limited to introduction to stock market, options theory, risk management, technical analysis, option strategies, fundamental analysis, markets & taxation, futures trading strategies, and others. The stock market education portal is completely free for all means Zerodha Varsity charges are zero. Varsity mobile can be accessed anywhere using a mobile device.
The key features offered by Zerodha Varsity are listed below:
- There are no charges to access Zerodha Varsity charges means the education portal is free.
- Varsity does not require login henceforth, easily accessible and more convenient.
- The designed modules provide an in-depth presentation of all the topics along with real-life illustrations and thereby made the learning process highly interesting.
- Zerodha team regularly updates modules to add new information & latest market trends so that readers are able to get the current information at any point of time.
- The modules are available in pdf format as well that facilitates you to read content offline or even in physical format by taking print out.
Zerodha Varsity Download
You can download Zerodha Varsity mobile on both the android and iOS devices.
Download Varsity mobile on Android
Download Varsity mobile on iOS
Trading Platform FAQs
Through the below steps you can easily find Zerodha zpin:
- Fill out the client ID & password to enter in your Zerodha account.
- Pass the security questions by giving their answers
- After this, you have to look for the round button available to open the Zerodha account.
- As you click on the round button, you will be directed to the “Console” option.
- After this, the three lines will appear in front of you having a client ID. Now, you have to click on the client ID, and you will get your zpin.
Yes, Zerodha provides direct mutual fund investment facility with Zerodha Coin.
Zerodha Sentinel is a platform that provides you real-time market alerts. The software provides you to set basic and advanced price alerts.
Zerodha console is a reporting dashboard of your account with Zerodha that provides in-depth reporting and analytics of trading and investment activities.
Zerodha, the number one brokerage house in India has introduced an extra layer of security on its mobile-based trading app (Kite) and web with a time-based one-time password or TOTP.
Security is the most important thing when you are doing financial transactions. In the past, Zerodha has two levels of authentication. Still, that is not enough to secure your trading application. With that reference, Zerodha has introduced one more level of security in its trading application which is TOTP.
To prevent any frauds, Zerodha had temporarily blocked trading in all illiquid risky contracts. TOTP is its way to keep its investors and their data safe.
TOTP is optional for added security instead of PIN on Kite. You can disable the same in case you are not comfortable with the process. Enable and disable the TOTP service on Zerodha Kite is a very quick and easy process.
Steps to set up TOTP on Zerodha Kite
To start the process to set up TOTP on the kite, download either Google Authenticator or Microsoft Authenticator ( Authy) app on android or iOS devices. These two apps are available free of cost on Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Then follow these steps
- Login to Kite with Web> Account > My profile > Password & Security
- Click on Enable 2Factor TOTP
- Next, you will get OTP on registered email. Verify the same.
- Now go to Google Authenticator > scan the barcode
- From your mobile camera, scan the barcode on your Kite Web
- Enter the code generated from your mobile to kite web and password> submit.
- On success, your 2Factor TOTP is active.
Once you enable TOTP, when you open the Zerodha Kite mobile app, you need to enter the TOTP from the Authenticator app. Instead of 6 digit pin, you need to enter 6 digit codes from Authenticator.
Yes, you can disable TOTP in Zerodha any time and come back on security PIN mode. The process is same, you need to Login to Kite with Web> Account > My profile > Password & Security > Disable TOTP.
To disable TOTP, the process is the same. Login to Kite with Web> Account > My profile > Password & Security. Under 2Factor TOTP, click on disable. Enter your password and PIN. And you are done.
Amibroker is a platform for comprehensive technical analysis embedded with many features i.e. powerful charting, scanning, and back-testing. If you have an account with Zerodha, then you can easily integrate Amibroker and Zerodha Pi using Pi Bridge that connects charting engine – Amibroker with the trading platform- Zerodha Pi and then access a lot of features provided below;
- Advanced charting: drawing tools, technical indicators, customizable user interface, charts on multiple timeframes, in-built indicators, etc.
- Amibroker formula: This feature allows users to create their own indicators and trading system by writing technical analysis formulas. The platform has 200+ in-built AFL functions that one can use to building blocks for their own formulas.
- Backtesting: The automatic analysis window on Amibroker helps users to scan the historical database for the defined criteria to perform back-testing on your trading strategy.
- Symbol and Quotes database: It provides historical data, quotes, and comes with many advanced filters.
Kite is the mobile app for Zerodha that is one of the most popular applications in the Indian stock broking industry. The in-house built, intuitive, lightweight, and multilingual mobile trading app by Zerodha provides a lot of features to users, several important features are presented below:
- Trading and investment in various asset classes such as stocks, derivatives, commodities, etc.
- Multiple market watchlist to add your favorite scrip.
- Elegant and sleek user interface and universal search bar to access 90,000+ stocks and F&O contracts,
- Advanced technical charting i.e. candlestick, bars, line, hollow candle, etc, and 100+ technical indicators.
- Trade from the chart and multiple charts view on a single window.
- Free fund transfer on UPI.
- Price alerts and notifications.
Know more about Zerodha Kite mobile application review
Pi Bridge is a value-added service offered by Zerodha to access a professional charting platform - amibroker on Zerodha Pi. It is noteworthy that the service is not available to free of cost and charged at a monthly fee of Rs. 500.
Last Updated on 2020-12-29
Other Topic Related to Zerodha
Enquire Zerodha Trading Account: